We offer regular courses and training on a wide variety of subjects, up and coming courses are listed on the right hand column of this page:
Click here to bring up all the courses and training related posts
Our main areas of interest are as follows.. please contact us if you would like us to tailor a course or training programme to suit your particular needs
- Basket making
- Christmas crafts
- Garden design
- Permaculture design
- Fruit tree pruning and grafting
- Garden skills and practical crafts
- Green wood craft
- Charcoal, wood gas and biochar
And much more….….
Featured events in 2013 and 2014 include extended courses in Newtown, Llanidloes and Llanrhaeadr Ym Mochnant
The Internationally recognised 72 hour intensive course – here as a 2 week intensive experience. Lead tutor is Steve Jones from Get-Growing and Cwm Harry who is a very widely experienced permaculture teacher.
This is a lively, fun practical and hugely inspiring course, for many participants it is a life changing experience. It is certainly a great catalyst to help turns ones convictions and aspirations into reality. Fee ranges from £450 – £300 according to income and includes camping, food, field trips practicals and certificate.
Horticulture courses and training with Emma Maxwell
- Essential gardening skills- Friday Sept 20th – dec. (12 weeks 2.5hrs) Llani 9.30- 12. Newtown 1 – 3.30.
- Garden progression(Level 2) – Thursday September 19th – Easter (for 120 hrs/21 weeks). 9.30 – 3.30 (5.5hrs) Llanidloes/ Newtown
- Preparing to grow (design, crop rotation and compost) (Growing organic food part 1) Fridays January 9th- Easter. 13 weeks. Llani & Newtown joint 9.30- 1.
- Harvest and pest control (Growing organic food part 2) July 4 weeks (15hrs/ 1 unit)- Fridays. 9.15- 1. Newtown/ Llanidloes.
For more information about these units please contact Emma directly on 01686 626234